W2O Environment supports tanneries in a step by step approach to improve your effluent treatment plant and to reduce energy usage, sludge generation and odours.
W2O develops suitable cost effective solutions to improve the effluent quality to reach full compliance with local discharge standards and international standards such as ISO or LWG standards.
W2O Environment is specialised in tannery effluent treatment and solid waste management and has successful engineering references worldwide.
The environmental performance of tanneries is improved in a step by step approach as following:
- Effluent segregation of chrome and sulphide bearing liquors to recover chrome and oxidise sulphides.
- Fine screening and Balancing to reduce the load to the following treatment steps and odours.
- Primary treatment to remove efficiently suspended solids and non-biodegradable COD
- Biological treatment with denitrification and nitrification to remove ammonia and total nitrogen
- Sludge de-watering with suitable de-watering device to reduce sludge volumes and disposal costs
Sustainable Solutions to reduce the carbon footprint:
- Reedbeds for tertiary treatment
- Water recycling plants
- By-product utilisation: Recovery of Chrome, Gelatine, Tallow, Flesh to Fuel
- Rainwater collection
- Solar Power water heater
The program of W2O Environment support is therefore, one of audit + technical assistance to implement BAT- Best available technology for the effluent treatment.